How to Report a Repair
How to Report a Repair during office hours
You should let us know as soon as possible if a repair needs done. This lets us get the job done before things get any worse. The best way to report a repair is to call the Repairs Team on:
0141 550 5600 Option 1
Be ready to tell them your address, the nature of the problem, which room is affected and when you can give access for the repair. Most repairs can be identified without an inspection. In some cases however, a Housing Officer or Technical Officer will call at your home to see exactly what is needed before a repair can be ordered.
Reporting a Repair when office is Closed
If you need an emergency repair done when our offices are closed, you should phone 0141 550 5600 and you will be transferred to our out of hours service.
The type of repairs we will do outside office hours are:
- Burst pipes/badly leaking pipes causing flooding
- Blocked toilet (if only toilet in house)
- No hot or cold water
- Blocked drain causing a leak or sewage into home
- No heating
- Door or ground floor window not secure
- Broken handrail to stairs
- Serious roof leak
- No electricity or no lights
- Smoke coming from an electrical fitting
- Faulty smoke detector sounding
You need to be aware:
- We may need to inspect your repair to decide exactly what work needs to be done
- If it is an emergency, you must stay in your home until our workman arrives
- Outside normal office hours we will only respond to emergencies
- If you exaggerate the urgency of the problem to get a quicker (emergency) response, we may charge you the emergency call out fee
- You must arrange the repair of any damage that you cause, any repairs that are not a result of fair wear and tear, and repairs that are your responsibility under the Tenancy Agreement.
- Contractors can refuse to work in your home if they believe their health and safety is at risk or if they experience abusive, threatening or antisocial behaviour towards them. We will write to you giving the reasons.